Saturday, 10 December 2016

Don't get beaten by the winter blues

A massive THANK YOU to everyone that joined in our first ever blog challenge. There were so many amazing creations. The winner as chosen at random is...


15.Fiki


 




Please check the email account you used to link your creation later for the voucher from me :D


The top 3 as picked by the DT are......


I will make sure you all get your badges to display on your blogs with pride :D


Now it is time for the next challenge and we still have a DT call open for another month as I know that we are only just getting a lot of people find us and so I want to give as many people as possible the chance to enter. If you want to try out for the DT please put DT by your name when you enter.

We thought this month we would try to make the winter blues work for us and create something that uses mainly blues :) It doesn't have to be a winter theme we just need to see you using blue. 
The winner picked at random will get a £10 voucher to spend in the crafty purple frog store.
We have 2 new DT members to introduce to you this month. They are Pauline and Lucy. Please join us in welcoming them and leave them some love :D

Amy

For this card I have used the super cute Frosty stamp that I have coloured with spectrum noir illustrator pens. I then used some foam pads to make him stand out from the background a bit. The sentiment is from the contemporary sentiments stamp set and stamped in memento black ink
 the design paper is from the spring sentiments paper pack. The twine is from the blue skies set. I put it all together with collall glue on a C6 card.


For this card I have used some of the brand new Wow! Embossing powders, Avocado, misty sky and perissa. The back ground stamp is called Tropical and the sentiment is called friendship. The little gems are from the teal goody bag. The card is a 5x5 scalloped card and I put it all together with collall glue.


Lucy
I used a 6x6 Card blank and rubbed Distress Ink onto a panel of Watercolour Paper, then dotted water using a Water Brush and dabbed it off to remove dots of ink for a snowy look! I also used SticklesWhite Pearls and Dovecraft Lace to finish.




For my card I have used the adorable Christmas Kisses stamp from the Moonbeam Meadow collection.  I used  Spectrum Noir Illustrator Pens to colour the cute image and inked the edges with Distress Ink.  The sentiment is also from the Christmas Kisses stamp set.  I used Collal glue to put everything together on a 6 x 6" white card blank.


Wendy

 
For my card I used this adorable stamp from CC Designs called Snowflake
I coloured her in in Blues to match the theme, I added sparkle to the snowflakes and pom poms with Stickles which I also added to the flowers as well. The Design papers I used are by First Addition called Gilded Winter, the little wooden tree is from my stash as are the flowers. The glue I used to adhere my papers is my most fav paper glue Collall glue as it doesn't make the paper warp.
The card blanks are 5x5 by Dovecraft




I Loved the Winter blue theme this month, with the First Addition Christmas paper pads using this blue and brown colour so much I made another card this time using the pad called Christmas Promise
the Dies and flowers are from my stash, the papers adhered together with Colloll glue and card blanks 5x5 by Dovecraft




I just loved making this card, using one of my favourite images  'Magical Star' from the Christmas Moonbeam Meadow collection. To colour this fabulous image I decided to stamp it on 'Ranger' water coloured paper & colour it using Tim Holtz distress inks & pens. I then stuck it all together using 'Collall' all purpose glue & 'Collall 3D' glue with tools all stuck onto '6" square white card blank'

Huge hugs to you all 

Amy and the Crafty Purple Frog DT xx

4 comments:

  1. hi!
    I'm so happy that I'm your first winner!
    I will wait for your mail.
    so pretty cards from team!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for choosing my card as Top3 and congrats to the other winners.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for wonderful inspirations from design team :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for my top 3 place and many congratulations to the other winners to! Stunning designs from the DT! xxx

    ReplyDelete